iPhone to Android SMS Converstion Script

As promised here’s a copy of my iPhone to Android script. Just a quick and dirty python script that reads in a backup from itunes and converts it to a bit of XML able to be read in by SMS Backup and Restore on the android platform

iPhone to Android

I’m in the process of migrating from my iPhone 3g to an HTC desire. So far i’m really impressed with the desire, but a full view on it is reserved for a month or so after I’ve used it day in day out!

One thing that I did quite want was to have my SMS messages migrated from my iPhone to the Desire. As the iPhone keeps the SMSes in a SQLite DB this wasn’t to hard. I’m going to post the procedure and the script I used later!

Subway using Apple’s “There’s an app for that” slogan ?

Tagging along at lunch with a few colleagues at work today to the local subway and notice a new set of adverts on the window.
It appears that subway are imitating Apple’s “there’s an app for that”. It turns out that this campaign has been done by McCann Erickson and is a ‘light-hearted’ campaign complete with UK TV adverts. The phrase Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery comes to mind.

IRSSI Prowl Notifications

A quick script to send notifications from IRSSI for privmessages and also for highlights, I’ll put more commentary on later, but for now..

Issues with OS X 10.5 iTunes 8.1.1 and mt-daapd (aka Firefly Media Server)

I’ve recently upgraded my iTunes installation on my MacBookPro to 8.1.1 and to my horror found that I’m no longer able to connect to my DAAP library on my NAS.

This is rather strange as the issue has only just appeared in 8.1.1 and does not appear on my windows machines which reside on a different network, and have Bonjour / Rendezvous mDNS traffic broadcast locally by RendevousProxy. After much annoyance, I decided to do a quick check of what an older iTunes library was sending out, and comparing that to Avahi. It turns out that my Avahi configuration was missing some vital Text Records. This wasn’t an issue in previous revisions of the iTunes client, but appears to be an issue in 8.1.1.

I updated my daap.service file in /etc/avahi/services/ to the following

And restarted Avahi for good measure and now can connect to my mt-daapd library again!